Lance D. Youd is an experienced Oregon rear end accident lawyer. Our firm is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that injured victims are able to get justice and the maximum available financial compensation. If you or your loved one was hurt in a rear-end collision, we are here to help. Contact us today to set up a free consultation with a top-rated Oregon car accident attorney.
An Overview of Auto Accident Liability in Oregon
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that rear end collisions are the most common type of multi-vehicle accidents in the United States. If you are hurt in a crash in Oregon, it is imperative that you know what to do to protect your rights and interests. Here are three things to know about auto accident liability in Oregon:
- Two-Year Statute of Limitations: A rear end accident injury claim must be initiated before the deadline expires. Under Oregon law (Or. Rev. Stat. § 12.110), there is a two year statute of limitations for car accident injury lawsuits.
- A Fault-Based Car Accident State: Oregon is an at-fault auto insurance state. The party found to be responsible for a rear end collision is legally liable for the damages.
- Comparative Negligence Standard of Liability: Oregon is a modified comparative negligence jurisdiction. Under Or. Rev. Stat. § 31.600 liability for a car crash is proportional to fault.
We Help Injured Victims Recover Full and Fair Financial Compensation
Following a rear end collision, injured victims need financial compensation to pay their bills. Sadly, insurance companies are more interested in protecting their own bottom line than doing what is right for victims and their families. Our Oregon car accident lawyer helps rear-end crash victims maximize their settlement or verdict. You may be entitled to recover financial compensation for:
- Property damage (automobile repairs or replacement);
- Emergency room treatment;
- Hospital bills and other medical costs;
- Physical and mental rehabilitation;
- Loss of current and future wages;
- Pain and suffering; and
- Long-term disability or disfigurement.
IT'S FREE TO
Our clients say it best
At Youd Law, we pride ourselves in offering unmatched service. Lance and his staff are responsive and respectful, providing efficient, expert assistance in a kind and courteous manner.
SEE MORE REVIEWS
We cannot thank you enough for your generous intervention for our dear friends. It shows how God used you to answer prayer!
I wouldn’t want to go up against you Lance. Thanks to you and your team for your hard work.
It’s been a long battle and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done.
God answers…..One of our dear friends reached out to a lawyer she knows for me. What a great man! He contacted me and spent over a half an hour on the phone answering my questions.