Lance D. Youd is an experienced Oregon commercial truck accident attorney. Large truck companies should never put profits before public safety. Our personal injury team holds negligent trucking companies and their insurers accountable. If you or someone you know was injured in a crash with a large truck, we can help. Contact us today to set up your free, no obligation case evaluation.
Your Guide to Truck Accident Claims in Oregon
The Oregon Department of Transportation reports that large commercial truck accidents resulted in 1,088 documented injuries and 48 fatalities in the state in 2020 alone. Truck drivers, truck companies, and all other parties involved in commercial trucks must practice proper safety precautions. Here are four things to know about truck accident claims in Oregon:
- Commercial trucks are common carriers. They are subject to a heightened standard of care. Truck companies must comply with all federal and state safety regulations.
- There is a two year statute of limitations for truck accident injury claims. Under Oregon law (Or. Rev. Stat. § 12.110), any injury claim must be initiated within two years of the crash.
- Oregon is an at-fault state for all motor vehicle collisions. A negligent trucker and/or trucking company can be held liable for the full extent of your damages.
- Multiple parties can share liability for the same truck accident. Oregon uses a comparative negligence standard to apportion liability in these cases.
We Help Truck Accident Victims Recover Financial Compensation
Following an eighteen wheeler accident, it is imperative that you are able to access the full financial compensation that you need to pay bills and support your loved ones. Our Oregon truck accident injury lawyer will help you fight for the full financial support you deserve. Compensation may be available for:
- Automobile repairs or replacement;
- Ambulance costs and emergency room care;
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses;
- Lost income and diminished ability to earn;
- Non-economic losses, including pain and suffering and disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
IT'S FREE TO
Our clients say it best
At Youd Law, we pride ourselves in offering unmatched service. Lance and his staff are responsive and respectful, providing efficient, expert assistance in a kind and courteous manner.
SEE MORE REVIEWS
We cannot thank you enough for your generous intervention for our dear friends. It shows how God used you to answer prayer!
I wouldn’t want to go up against you Lance. Thanks to you and your team for your hard work.
It’s been a long battle and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done.
God answers…..One of our dear friends reached out to a lawyer she knows for me. What a great man! He contacted me and spent over a half an hour on the phone answering my questions.