Car crashes, slip and falls, and collisions involving cyclists and pedestrians are just a few types of accidents that can result in head, neck, and back injuries. These injuries are some of the most serious and can result in limited mobility and chronic pain for years to come. If you have been hurt, the impact of the injury may mean you are unable to work or enjoy the things you once did. Our Portland head, neck, and back injury attorney can help you claim compensation that will offset these financial losses and help you make a full recovery.
Types of Head, Neck, and Back Injuries
Head, neck, and back injuries mainly affect the brain, head, and spine, as well as the various soft tissues in between. The most common types of these injuries are as follows:
- Traumatic brain injuries: There is no such thing as a minor brain injury. Concussions, contusions, and contrecoup injuries are just a few of the most common types of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the head snaps back and forth, similarly to a whip. The neck often cannot fully support this movement and so, vertebrae and soft tissues become damaged. Whiplash is a very painful injury and can result in limited motion for a long time to come.
- Fractured vertebrae: Vertebrae are the small bones in the spine that separate the discs and provide structure to the spinal column. When one of these small bones breaks, the discs they protect are exposed and the spinal cord can become severely damaged.
- Herniated discs: The discs in between the vertebrae are filled with a jelly like substance encased by a harder exterior. When a disc becomes herniated, the jelly inside leaks through a crack in the harder exterior, resulting in significant pain and irritated nerves.
- Spinal cord injury: The most serious types of back injuries are those to the spinal cord. The higher up the spinal column an injury occurs, the more serious it is.
IT'S FREE TO
Our client’s say it best
At Youd Law, we pride ourselves in offering unmatched service. Lance and his staff are responsive and respectful, providing efficient, expert assistance in a kind and courteous manner.
SEE MORE REVIEWS
We cannot thank you enough for your generous intervention for our dear friends. It shows how God used you to answer prayer!
I wouldn’t want to go up against you Lance. Thanks to you and your team for your hard work.
It’s been a long battle and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done.
God answers…..One of our dear friends reached out to a lawyer she knows for me. What a great man! He contacted me and spent over a half an hour on the phone answering my questions.