Rear-End Car Accident Attorney
Rear-end car accidents can be distressing and often result in significant damage and injuries. Sometimes you don’t know just how injured you are until the next day, when the soreness sets in. If you’ve been involved in a rear-end collision, it’s crucial to understand your rights and options, and that’s where Youd Law comes in. As seasoned Rear End Accident Attorneys in Oregon, we specialize in navigating the complexities of these cases to ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses.
Learn Who Is At Fault and What Your Rights Are
Determining fault in a rear-end collision is essential for building a strong case. In Oregon, the general rule is that the driver who rear-ends another vehicle is at fault. However, various factors can influence the outcome of a case, and it’s essential to consult with an experienced attorney, like Lance Youd, to understand your specific situation fully.
At Youd Law, we go beyond the basics. Our expertise extends to investigating the circumstances surrounding the accident, identifying contributing factors, and gathering evidence to support your claim. We are dedicated to ensuring our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
What Kinds of Injuries Can Result From a Rear-End Auto Accident?
Rear-end accidents can result in a variety of injuries, ranging from mild to severe. The type and severity of injuries often depend on factors such as the speed of the collision, the size of the vehicles involved, the use of seat belts, and whether airbags are deployed. Here are some common injuries that can result from a rear-end accident:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury in rear-end collisions. It occurs when the head is suddenly jerked forward and then backward, causing strain to the neck muscles and ligaments. Symptoms may include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and dizziness.
- Back Injuries: The force of impact in a rear-end collision can cause injuries to the spine, such as herniated discs or compression fractures. Back injuries can result in chronic pain and may require extensive medical treatment.
- Head Injuries: Even with the use of airbags, occupants in a rear-ended vehicle may still experience head injuries. These can range from mild concussions to more severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), depending on the force of impact.
- Facial Injuries: Facial injuries, including cuts, bruises, and fractures, can occur if the occupants’ faces come into contact with the dashboard, steering wheel, or airbags upon impact.
- Chest Injuries: Chest injuries can result from the impact of the seatbelt or steering wheel. These may include contusions, fractures, or injuries to internal organs.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: In addition to whiplash, other soft tissue injuries such as sprains, strains, and contusions can occur in various parts of the body.
- Psychological Injuries: The emotional impact of a rear-end collision can lead to psychological injuries such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or depression. These injuries may require counseling or therapy.
- Internal Injuries: The force of a rear-end collision can cause internal injuries, including damage to organs such as the liver, spleen, or kidneys. Internal injuries may not be immediately apparent and may require a thorough medical evaluation.
It’s crucial for individuals involved in a rear-end accident to seek prompt medical attention, even if injuries seem minor at first. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms until later, and early detection and treatment can significantly improve outcomes. Additionally, documenting injuries and seeking legal advice if necessary can be important steps in the aftermath of a rear-end collision.
IT'S FREE TO
Our clients say it best
At Youd Law, we pride ourselves in offering unmatched service. Lance and his staff are responsive and respectful, providing efficient, expert assistance in a kind and courteous manner.
SEE MORE REVIEWS
We cannot thank you enough for your generous intervention for our dear friends. It shows how God used you to answer prayer!
I wouldn’t want to go up against you Lance. Thanks to you and your team for your hard work.
It’s been a long battle and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done.
God answers…..One of our dear friends reached out to a lawyer she knows for me. What a great man! He contacted me and spent over a half an hour on the phone answering my questions.