Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents can be devastating, leaving victims with severe injuries and emotional trauma. If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, it’s crucial to seek the guidance of an experienced attorney who understands the complexities of these cases. At Youd Law, we are dedicated to advocating for the rights of pedestrian injury victims.
Like pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents can result in serious injuries and life-altering consequences. As a cyclist, you have a right to the road and should be able to ride safely. If you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident, our team at Youd Law is here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can occur in various scenarios, including crosswalk collisions, parking lot incidents, and even hit-and-run accidents. Our experienced attorneys have handled a wide range of pedestrian accident cases and have a deep understanding of the unique challenges they present. Don’t go it alone with so much at stake and so many complicated legal issues involved. Let Youd Law handle your case while you concentrate on healing.
Common Types of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can happen due to negligent drivers, hazardous road conditions, or defective equipment. Our team at Youd Law is well-versed in representing cyclists who have been injured in accidents involving cars, trucks, or other vehicles. Let us get you the compensation or settlement you need to get your life back.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents involving Pedestrians & Bicycles:
While not always the case, most of these common causes of accidents between pedestrians and motor vehicles are the fault of the driver:
- Neglecting Right-of-Way: Drivers sometimes fail to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks, intersections, and designated pedestrian zones. This is illegal.
- Excessive Speed: Driving too fast reduces a driver’s ability to respond to unexpected situations, making collisions more dangerous for pedestrians.
- Diverted Attention: Drivers who engage in activities like using phones, adjusting radios, or eating may not notice pedestrians on the road.
- Impaired Judgment: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can hinder a driver’s decision-making, reaction time, and coordination, leading to pedestrian accidents.
- Aggressive Driving: Behaviors such as disregarding traffic signals, making illegal turns, and running red lights can result in collisions with pedestrians.
- Limited Visibility: Factors like insufficient lighting, adverse weather conditions, and obstructed sightlines can make it challenging for drivers to spot pedestrians, heightening the risk of accidents.
- Insufficient Infrastructure: Poorly designed roads, a lack of crosswalks, inadequate signage, and limited pedestrian amenities can contribute to accidents.
- Reversing Mishaps: Drivers who back up without checking for pedestrians, especially in parking lots, can cause accidents.
- Right Turn on Red: Drivers making right turns at red lights may overlook pedestrians crossing in front of them.
- Inattentive Driving: Some drivers may fail to notice pedestrians due to inattention or a lack of awareness, even when not distracted.
- Fatigue: Drowsy drivers may experience delayed reaction times and impaired judgment, increasing the risk of accidents involving pedestrians.
Vehicle Blind Spots: Large vehicles like trucks and buses have significant areas where drivers can’t see pedestrians, making it challenging to detect them around the vehicle.
IT'S FREE TO
frequently asked questions
A pedestrian accident is a collision between a pedestrian and a vehicle, typically a car or truck. These accidents can result in serious injuries or even fatalities for the pedestrian.
A bicycle accident involves a collision between a cyclist and a vehicle, pedestrian, or another cyclist. These accidents can lead to a range of injuries, from minor scrapes to severe trauma.
Yes, injured pedestrians and cyclists may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our experienced attorneys can help you navigate the legal process to ensure you receive fair compensation.
The time frame for filing a lawsuit after a pedestrian or bicycle accident varies depending on the jurisdiction and specific circumstances of the case. It's essential to consult with an attorney promptly to ensure you meet any applicable deadlines.
In the state of Oregon, pedestrians typically hold the right-of-way at both marked and unmarked crosswalks located at intersections. It is expected that pedestrians utilize designated crosswalks when accessible, while also adhering to traffic signals and signs. It is also important for pedestrians to refrain from abruptly entering the path of a vehicle that is too near to safely come to a stop.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me
If you’ve searched for “pedestrian accident lawyer near me,” or “pedestrian hit by car lawyer,” you’ve come to the right place! We know the specific laws that apply to Oregon pedestrians and cyclists. Our experienced team knows how to get the compensation you need to put your life back together after a devastating accident.
Don’t try negotiating with an insurance company on your own. Insurance companies will always do what is in their best interests, which will rarely be in yours. For a detailed assessment of your case and a complimentary consultation, contact Youd Law today. We’re here to help!
Our clients say it best
At Youd Law, we pride ourselves in offering unmatched service. Lance and his staff are responsive and respectful, providing efficient, expert assistance in a kind and courteous manner.
SEE MORE REVIEWS
We cannot thank you enough for your generous intervention for our dear friends. It shows how God used you to answer prayer!
I wouldn’t want to go up against you Lance. Thanks to you and your team for your hard work.
It’s been a long battle and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done.
God answers…..One of our dear friends reached out to a lawyer she knows for me. What a great man! He contacted me and spent over a half an hour on the phone answering my questions.