Oregon Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in Oregon, Youd Law is here to help. Our experienced team of motorcycle accident attorneys understands the unique challenges riders face on the road. We are dedicated to providing expert legal representation to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. We want you to focus on recovery and let Youd Law handle the rest. Our expert services don’t cost you anything upfront, and we only charge our normal rates once you receive a fair settlement.
Motorcycle accidents can result in severe injuries and emotional trauma for riders and their families. Navigating the legal aftermath can be overwhelming, which is why having a skilled motorcycle accident attorney on your side is crucial. At Youd Law, we have a proven track record of successfully representing clients in Oregon who have been involved in motorcycle accidents.
Common Causes For A Motorcycle Crash
Understanding the common causes of motorcycle accidents can help you take preventative measures to stay safe on the road. Some of the leading causes include:
- Negligent Drivers: Motorcycles are often overlooked by other drivers, leading to collisions when they fail to yield or check blind spots.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers using phones or engaging in other distractions are a significant risk to motorcyclists.
- Unsafe Road Conditions: Poorly maintained roads, potholes, and debris can lead to accidents for motorcyclists.
- Impaired Drivers: Operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol poses a significant threat to everyone on the road, especially motorcyclists.
None of those conditions are your fault. Whereas you should be able to enjoy the same road conditions and considerations as other drivers, not all drivers are as aware of motorcyclists as they are of larger vehicles. Unfortunately, this puts riders at a disadvantage. Notwithstanding, you are entitled to the same conditions and considerations as other vehicles. So those responsible for motorcycle accidents, no matter how they occur, need to be held accountable.
Mistakes to Avoid After a Motorcycle Accident
No matter what happened or what caused the accident, there are some basic things you should avoid doing after a motorcycle accident:
- Admitting Fault: Avoid making any statements or admissions of guilt at the accident scene. Even if you believe you may have contributed to the accident, it’s important to not admit fault. The fault may not be entirely clear and admitting fault can impact your ability to seek compensation.
- Neglecting Medical Attention: Don’t delay seeking medical attention, even if you think your injuries are minor. This also means you should avoid self-diagnosis. Some injuries may not show immediate symptoms, and seeking prompt medical care can help establish a connection between the accident and your injuries. This documentation is crucial for your claim.
- Settling Too Quickly: Avoid accepting a settlement offer from an insurance company without consulting an attorney like Lance Youd. Insurance companies may offer a quick settlement to minimize their liability, but it may not cover all of your expenses, especially if you have long-term or severe injuries.
- Giving a Recorded Statement Without Legal Advice: Insurance companies may request a recorded statement about the accident. Talk to Youd Law before providing any statements. We can help guide you on what to say to protect your rights.
- Neglecting to Gather Evidence: Don’t forget to collect evidence at the accident scene. Take photos of the scene, your injuries, and any damage to your motorcycle. Get contact information from witnesses, and obtain a copy of the police report. This evidence can be crucial in building a strong case.
While we can’t guarantee that your case will win or that you will get the judgment you seek, avoiding these common mistakes can drastically improve your chances of getting fair compensation.
Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can result in a range of injuries, from minor to catastrophic. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Road Rash: Skin abrasions and injuries caused by friction with the road surface.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Due to the lack of protection, bones can be more vulnerable in motorcycle accidents.
- Head Injuries: Even with a helmet, head injuries can occur and may lead to long-term consequences.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Severe accidents can result in damage to the spinal cord, leading to paralysis or other debilitating conditions.
Hit on Your Motorcycle in Oregon
If you’ve been hit while riding your motorcycle, and it wasn’t your fault, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries, both physical and mental. Don’t hesitate to call because you don’t feel like you can afford an attorney. Youd Law only takes clients on a contingency basis, which means that you don’t have to pay us unless we win for you. We are confident that we can get you the compensation you need in order to rebuild your life after a motorcycle accident.
IT'S FREE TO
frequently asked questions
If you're involved in a motorcycle accident, it's essential to take the following steps:
- Seek Medical Attention: Ensure you receive proper medical care for any injuries sustained.
- Document the Scene: Take photos, gather witness information, and exchange details with involved parties.
- Report the Accident: Notify the appropriate authorities and obtain a copy of the accident report.
- Contact an Attorney: Consult with a Motorcycle Accident Attorney to understand your legal rights and options.
While it's possible to handle a motorcycle accident claim on your own, having a skilled attorney can greatly increase your chances of receiving fair compensation. An attorney can navigate the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent your interests in court if necessary.
The value of a motorcycle accident settlement depends on various factors, including the extent of injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and more. Consulting with a Motorcycle Accident Attorney will help provide a more accurate estimate based on the specifics of your case.
If you've been injured in a motorcycle accident, seek medical attention immediately. Then, contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Youd Law to discuss your case and explore your legal options. A consultation with a lawyer can provide valuable insights into how to proceed with your claim.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is crucial to seek legal representation. At Youd Law, we have over 30 years of experience winning in court and getting fair compensation for personal injuries sustained in accidents of all kinds. We are confident that we can help you! Call today for a complimentary consultation.
Our clients say it best
At Youd Law, we pride ourselves in offering unmatched service. Lance and his staff are responsive and respectful, providing efficient, expert assistance in a kind and courteous manner.
SEE MORE REVIEWS
We cannot thank you enough for your generous intervention for our dear friends. It shows how God used you to answer prayer!
I wouldn’t want to go up against you Lance. Thanks to you and your team for your hard work.
It’s been a long battle and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done.
God answers…..One of our dear friends reached out to a lawyer she knows for me. What a great man! He contacted me and spent over a half an hour on the phone answering my questions.