Uninsured & Underinsured Motorists
Unfortunate accidents happen, and when they involve an uninsured or underinsured motorist, the aftermath can be particularly challenging. As an experienced Uninsured Motorist Accident Attorney, Lance Youd specializes in navigating the complexities of these cases to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve
“Uninsured” refers to a situation where an individual motorist doesn’t have any insurance coverage to financially protect themselves or others in the event of an accident. In the context of auto insurance, being uninsured means lacking the necessary coverage to compensate for damages or injuries caused by the uninsured party.
“Underinsured” refers to a scenario in which an individual motorist possesses insurance coverage, but the policy limits are insufficient to fully cover the damages or injuries resulting from an accident for which they are at fault.
Got Hit by Someone with No Insurance – What to Do
Discovering that the other driver in an accident you were involved in is uninsured can be distressing, but it’s essential to stay calm and follow these steps:
- Document the Scene:
- Collect as much information as possible, including the other driver’s details, the accident location, and any witness information.
- Contact Law Enforcement:
- Report the accident to the police and ensure an official record is created.
- Seek Medical Attention:
- Even if your injuries seem minor, it’s crucial to seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries may manifest later, and a medical record is valuable for your case.
- Contact Your Insurance Company:
- Inform your insurance company about the accident, providing all necessary details.
Filing an Underinsured or Uninsured Driver Accident Claim
Filing a claim for an uninsured or underinsured motorist accident involves taking the steps listed above, and a couple more items:
- Notify Your Insurer:
- Inform your insurance company about the accident promptly.
- Provide Documentation:
- Submit all relevant documentation, including the police report, medical records, and any evidence supporting your claim.
- Cooperate with Investigations:
- Work closely with your insurance company’s investigators, providing any additional information they may need.
- Evaluate Settlement Offers:
- Review any settlement offers carefully with the guidance of your attorney. Ensure it adequately covers your damages.
Seek Legal Counsel:
- Getting help from an expert like Lance Youd will increase your chances of getting a fair settlement and having, at least, your medical expenses paid for.
Contact Youd Law
At Youd Law, we understand the stress and uncertainty that follows an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist. There is often a way to get compensation even when a driver is uninsured. Our experienced team is dedicated to helping you navigate the legal complexities and secure the compensation you deserve.
IT'S FREE TO
Our clients say it best
At Youd Law, we pride ourselves in offering unmatched service. Lance and his staff are responsive and respectful, providing efficient, expert assistance in a kind and courteous manner.
SEE MORE REVIEWS
We cannot thank you enough for your generous intervention for our dear friends. It shows how God used you to answer prayer!
I wouldn’t want to go up against you Lance. Thanks to you and your team for your hard work.
It’s been a long battle and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done.
God answers…..One of our dear friends reached out to a lawyer she knows for me. What a great man! He contacted me and spent over a half an hour on the phone answering my questions.