Skip to Main Content
Lance D. Youd

Keizer Personal Injury Attorney


Helping You Get Compensation after a Keizer Personal Injury

It only takes a few seconds for an accident to turn your life upside down. Not only are you now facing thousands of dollars in medical bills to treat your injuries, you simultaneously must deal with a sudden loss of income as you cannot return to work right away. On top of that there is the trauma and long-term emotional stress inflicted by the accident. All of this can easily leave you overwhelmed and unsure what to do next.

If your accident was the result of another person or company’s negligence, one thing you can do is work with a qualified Keizer personal injury attorney who can assist you in fighting for compensation. At Youd Law, we have decades of experience in representing people such as yourself who are struggling to regain control of their lives following an accident. We understand that receiving fair compensation for your injuries is a key step in your recovery process.

What Are the Different Types of Compensation I Can Seek in Oregon?

Whether you have been injured in a car accident, slip and fall, or any other type of accident, Oregon law permits you to seek for damages from the negligent parties whose negligent, reckless, and careless acts led to the accident in the first place. These damages include:

  • Economic damages – These refers to compensation for your out-of-pocket expenses in the days, weeks, and months following an accident. For example, your past and estimated future medical bills are a form of economic damages. So are any lost wages due to time missed from work.
  • Non-economic damages – Not all damages can be precisely measured in dollars, yet they still exist. The most common form of these damages are awards for a person’s “pain and suffering” following an accident. But they also cover other forms of trauma, such as emotional distress and dealing with permanent disfigurement as the result of an accident.
  • Punitive damages – In some personal injury cases, Oregon law permits a court to award additional damages to a plaintiff not as direct compensation for their injuries, but as a way of “sending a message” to a defendant whose conduct was especially egregious or outrageous.
advice arrow


Call Oregon Personal Injury Lawyer Lance D. Youd Today

One question we often get at Youd Law is, “Can I still sue someone even if I might have been partially responsible for an accident.” The answer is “Yes!” Like most states, Oregon follows a “modified comparative negligence” rule in personal injury cases. This means that so long as you were less than 50 percent for the accident that caused your injuries, you can still recover some of your damages from a negligent defendant. We understand that personal injury law can be quite complex for someone such as yourself who is still struggling just to recover from their accident. That is why we offer a FREE, no-obligation initial consultation. There is no risk to you in simply speaking with us. So if you have been injured in an accident and would like to talk to an experienced Keizer personal injury attorney, contact Lance D. Youd today or call (503) 399-8967 to schedule an appointment.

Lance D. Youd with man

Our clients say it best

At Youd Law, we pride ourselves in offering unmatched service. Lance and his staff are responsive and respectful, providing efficient, expert assistance in a kind and courteous manner.


We cannot thank you enough for your generous intervention for our dear friends. It shows how God used you to answer prayer!

K H Family Family Law 2019

I wouldn’t want to go up against you Lance. Thanks to you and your team for your hard work.

KW July 2019

It’s been a long battle and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done.

RD July 2019

God answers…..One of our dear friends reached out to a lawyer she knows for me. What a great man! He contacted me and spent over a half an hour on the phone answering my questions.


site logo

Lance D. Youd, Attorney at Law proudly serves clients in Salem, Portland,and all surrounding areas in the greater Willamette Valley, OR.


1596 Liberty St SE Salem, OR 97302
get directions
17036 Canal Circle Lake Oswego, OR 97035
get directions


Lance D. Youd in office
Call For Advice

Call For Advice


mobile phone icon

Click Here To

Read Reviews